What was the most memorable part of this past month?
The most memorable part of May is going to Viking Fest and just spending lots of time outside at parks and in the yard. The kids got a sprinkler and inflatable pool so they spent most of Memorial Day out in the yard splashing around.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
1. I learned that waiting around for things to change won’t change anything. You have to change things yourself.
2. I also learned that life is hard sometimes and that things will always come up to make you feel shitty but you just have to keep going. You can’t stop because life throws crap your way.
3. I’m not 100% on learning patience but I did flex that muscle this month and will probably have to flex it more next month.
Are you happy with how you spent your time this month? What steps can you take this next month to adjust them?
This month was kind of weird. I did a lot that I’m happy with but it didn’t seem to amount to much which is disappointing. I kind of fell out of my routine and stopped tracking my habits which didn’t help.
Next month I plan to go back to tracking my habits and get back into my routine. I also have a lot of ideas I’m going to try to bring to life next month. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that things work out.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
This month I’m more aware of what I have to do to get where I want. I now have a solid plan to get my life together. I suppose you could say that I’m becoming even more of an adult. Being married and having kids doesn’t automatically make you grow up. I can still be immature about certain things but I’m trying to change some of those things and May was the start of those changes.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
Although I’ve never met Dave Ramsey personally, I’m grateful that I found his book and am now working the “baby steps” to get my finances in order and stop living paycheck to paycheck.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
1. The biggest thing I want to improve on is being more financially responsible. I want to practice discerning what I actually need and what I just want. I want to only spend money on what is absolutely needed.
2. I want to improve on my routine. I want to get more things done in a day and spend less time on distractions.
3. I want to spend more time more time on my creative hobbies. I want to really plan out time to spend on these things.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
I would say that May was a 6. A lot was done this month but it wasn’t what I had planned. I also don’t feel like anything really lasted. As quickly as I got something done or did something it was undone. It was quite frustrating.