What was the most memorable part of this past month?
There isn’t one specific event this March that stands out but the most memorable thing this month is spending more time as a family. We had several pizza and movie nights and went to open swim with the kids twice. Nick and I also started taking walks towards the end of the month when the weather warmed up a bit.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
- I learned that I need to exercise even if it’s just a 30-minute walk. Once the weather started to warm up, I randomly wanted to go for a walk with the family, a la Forest Gump style. After doing it once, I just wanted to keep doing it, and after several walks, I’ve noticed how good I feel. Those endorphins work wonders!
- People who cut me down every time I interact with them are unnecessary in my life. I’ve tried my hardest in life to take the brunt of people treating me poorly. Now that I’m an adult, I’m no longer going to deal with that kind of behavior. If you can’t be civil or respectful, then there is no room for you in my life. BYE FELICIA!!!
- I’ve finally hit a place where I need to get unstuck in life. For a decade I’ve felt trapped by innumerable things in my life and it’s time to get unstuck, for real. Call this my rock bottom, my wake up call, my quarter-life crisis, call it whatever you want. I want to be content with my life. I want to feel good about myself. I want to be happy more than sad. I want my life to be better and I’m going to move in that direction.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
I wouldn’t say there has been a drastic difference in me between this month and last. I have noticed that since moving from Seattle to Minnesota that I’ve gradually felt calmer. I don’t know how quite to explain how I’m feeling. I am not interested in having petty fights with my husband, and things that once felt very important don’t hold as much weight to me, things aren’t as dramatic. It’s like I’ve cleared all this junk out of my brain and life and now I can focus. Things are just more apparent now, and it makes me feel okay.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
I am grateful that the weather has finally warmed up. We hit 64-degrees Fahrenheit one day this month, so it’s only up from here! After living in temperatures lower than the Anartica being out in 50-degree weather feels like a heatwave.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are some concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
- I need to be more disciplined when it comes to school. March was a hard month when it came to working on my certification. I finally hit a part of the curriculum that I can’t figure out, and help is limited with online courses. I know that once this section is over the rest is easy, but I have to finish this part first.
- I also need to be more disciplined with this blog. I have a ton of ideas but little time to work on it. I am going to sit down every day and write at least 500 words. A little each day becomes a lot at the end of the week.
- I need to work on my budget more often. March was a weird month when it came to our budget and about halfway through the month I kind of stopped working on it. Now, I need to catch up and stay caught up. I normally work on my budget every other day just to stay on top of where my money is going and how much I have left to work with.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
I’m not going to lie; March was a strangely tricky month. I’d give it a 4. I struggled a lot in March, both internally and externally but I’m going into April with a positive attitude.