I’ve been slacking on this blog and haven’t published a single goals post in 2019. It’s time to fix that. In 2018 I tried to categorize my goals into five groups based on Danielle LaPorte’s book The Desire Map. This year I’m going in a different direction. I bought Lara Casey’s PowerSheets and am making an effort to use them every month this year.
The way Lara has you breakdown your goals is to brainstorm everything you want to cultivate. It doesn’t matter how big or small the goal is, just get your goals on paper. After you get all your goals down look through them and decide goals you want to get done that month. After you decided what you want to work on for the month break them into daily, weekly and monthly goals. If you buy her PowerSheets, she gives you room to write ten monthly goals, eight weekly goals, and five daily goals. You could do this part in a notebook if you don’t want to purchase another product.
- Declutter and organize my house. This is a vague goal, but recently I just went through all my food and tossed out anything expired and reorganized the things left over. I want to do the same thing with every closet, bedroom, bathroom, and our shop.
- Spend more time on my hobbies. My grandma passed away last May, and she was an avid knitter who even sold her wares at local craft stores. Since I’m the only one in the family who still knits all her supplies were given to me as well as the pattern for her famous slippers. I’d like to see if I can follow her slipper pattern and if not I’d at least like to knit something with her supplies to have as a keepsake.
- In March I’d also like to master my cleaning routine. I have talked numerous times about how I use the FlyLady method for cleaning, but as life gets busy, I slip up on accomplishing it.
- See a doctor. Recently I have noticed my body is just off and I’ve been feeling unwell. I haven’t seen a doctor in years so even if it’s nothing I should still go.
- See a dentist. I hate the dentist. Well, not the dentist, but I hate getting dental work done. I had an awful experience when I was a kid and am now traumatized, but I need to go in and get my teeth checked out.
- See a dermatologist. My mom had skin cancer when I was in high school, and she is always telling me that I need to get my moles charted. Recently I’ve had some of my birthmarks change, and I found a large and odd-shaped mole on my leg, so I need to see a dermatologist and make sure everything is okay.
- Hang up any pictures or art we still have in boxes.
- Send all my old/unwanted clothes to Thredup and make a little money.
- Be technology free every Sunday for the month.
- Post content once a week on my blog.
- Work out three days a week.
- Work on school every day!
- Journal and write in my gratitude journal.
- Go to bed early and wake early.
- No hitting snooze on my alarm.
- Meditate for 10 minutes or more every day.