One of my monthly goals is to meditate every day in March, so I have signed up for a free meditation challenge with Oprah and Deepak. This 21-day challenge focuses on manifestations of success. Feel free to follow along, try it yourself and leave a comment below.
Success Is a Living Reality
1) Write your vision of a successful life.
To me, a successful life is one of stability, love, laughter and the ability to be resilient.
2) Make a list of 3 or 4 worthy goals.
1) I want to be more stable/responsible. It is effortless for me to let my emotions cloud my judgment and to procrastinate when I should be doing. I want to make wiser decisions for the stability of my life.
2) I want to be more motivated. I have all these things I want to do but can’t seem to find the motivation or drive to get up and do them.
3) I want to be more financially responsible. I want to keep my budget up to date, start paying more towards my debt and start saving more.
4) I want to be more courageous. I have had quite a few opportunities in my life that I have turned down just because I was afraid. I want to find the courage within myself to take a leap of faith when it presents itself to me.
3) Describe how you are already living and actualizing certain parts of your worthy goals.
1) There are times, mostly because I have to be, that I am stable and responsible. I have two children who are well and thriving so I can’t be too irresponsible. I do get up every morning and make sure that my boys are taken care of for the day, I do make sure that my bills get paid and that there is food in the house. I make sure the boys are up to date on doctors appointments, as well as myself. Every day in some way or another I am responsible and as stable as that situation allows me to be.
2) This one is hard. I do find the motivation to wake up every day when I don’t want to, but that isn’t the motivation I’m talking about. I would love more motivation in my life. I don’t think that I do that at all right now. I could be wrong and just missing it, but I don’t see it.
3) I am financially responsible in that I pay my bills on time. It is the saving and paying down debt that I want to accomplish.
4) I am slowly finding the courage to try new things. I have started a blog and a vlog. I have become less dependent on my partner. I have even seriously considered moving across the country with just myself and my kids. I think all those things are courageous acts for myself.
4) Use this space to further reflect on your experience today
Today was a stressful day after a difficult weekend, so it was hard to focus on the meditation. I think after repeating today’s centering thought in my head over and over; I create success within, I realized that what happened over the weekend and what happened today is gone and done. That tomorrow I must go out into the world and create my success. I must take responsibility for my life and create the achievements I want. If I want to succeed at having anything, then I must be the person to achieve it. No excuses or blaming others because that will not get me what I want. The weekend didn’t work out and today didn’t work out but tomorrow is open for whatever I choose, so tomorrow I decide to succeed at my goals.