My July goals are here, but if you are a regular reader, you may have noticed that I didn’t put up a post for my goals in June. I decided that I needed to take the month off because I was feeling burnt out on goals, and I wasn’t accomplishing them. I will go over my May goals on this post, but if you missed them, you can find them here. Let’s start with what happened in May.
May Monthly Goals:
- Find and buy new picture frames. ACCOMPLISHED! I found two similar frames on Amazon, which you can find here and here. I also ordered some pictures from Costco’s photo center and now have family photos hanging in my living room. It’s been years since I’ve hung pictures and I forgot how much having them up makes a house feel like a home.
- Clean up our yard. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Nick keeps mowing over the leaves in our yard which had made them breakdown into next to nothing so we haven’t bagged any leaves but our yard still somehow looks good. Does that mean this one did get accomplished or no?
- Get an oil change for our van. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Turns out or van didn’t need an oil change this month but will need on in July. I guess I don’t pay attention to our vehicles.
- New plates for our civic. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Our DMV sucks. Nick and I are still trying to get our license after a year of living here and can’t because of them, so it was no surprise when Nick came home with no new plates.
- No eating out. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. We did really, really well until the very end of the month when we DoorDashed some food.
- Deep clean my refrigerator. ACCOMPLISHED! I took everything out of my fridge and freezer, wiped everything down, put down plastic mates to help keep the refrigerator clean and then organized all the food in its proper place. I love it now that everything is in proper order and I now have more room.
- Purge my planner supplies. ACCOMPLISHED. I went through everything and what I wanted to keep but wouldn’t use regularly got organized into a bin and tucked away. Everything else was either organized into my planner cart, thrown away or set aside to either give away or sell.
- Plan summer trips. HALF ACCOMPLISHED. I planned one trip in August with my sister, but I didn’t plan any other camping trips yet.
- Sign the kids up for swimming lessons. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. We had a lot going on in June so we decided to wait to sign them up in July when they wouldn’t miss as many lessons.
- Pot my aloe plant and ponytail palm. ACCOMPLISHED! Nick did this one for me. I’m glad it got done, and they both look a lot happier in their new pots.
May Weekly Goals:
- Go to the gym every Tuesday and Thursday. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. I never went, and I’m not interested in going. I’m not a gym rat and pretending to be something I’m not is not my jam.
- Do yoga every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. I did want to do this one, but I never got into the habit of doing it. I do want to make yoga a habit of mine, though.
- Meal prep once a week. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. I did meal prep a couple of times, but I found that I didn’t need to do it every week. I’m still glad I set this as a goal though, because I found that I do need to meal prep two or three times in a month to make my life easier.
- Start the Home Organization Challenge by A Bowl Full of Lemons. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. I did print out all the lists and put them into a binder, but I didn’t have the time to dig in and start going through everything.
- Put up a blog post once a week. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. I put this goal down every month, and every month, I fail. It’s not for lack of ideas but just insecurity. I have a ton of posts I want to do, but I’m always second guessing myself. I need to stop comparing myself to others and just be myself.
- Plan my week every Sunday in my planner. ACCOMPLISHED. I planned in my planner every week, but I found that I had a hard time liking the way I was planning. A part of me wants to blame the planner, but I need to find what works for me in the planner I have.
- Clean the house as a family once a week. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. We did do a few family cleaning days but not once a week. It was a step in the right direction though and something we’re going to keep trying at in the future.
- Finish one lesson every week. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. This last section is killing me. I’ve been working on it for two months and just don’t get it at all. I’ve tried to find some outside resources to help me, but I haven’t been very successful. I’m still plugging away though and haven’t given up.
May Daily Goals:
- Read one chapter every day. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. I’ve looked through every one of my habit trackers, and it seems like I didn’t even pick up a book in May, which is disappointing.
- Make my bed every day. NOT ACCOMPLISHED! My tracker says I only made my bed once, but I feel like that isn’t true because I remember washing the sheets a lot in May because people in my family like to bring food where it doesn’t belong and then spill it. Either way, I know I didn’t make the bed every day.
- No snacking after dinner. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. I didn’t snack most nights, but I did still snack from time to time. I have noticed after a month that it is a lot easier for me to not give in to that bad habit.
- Clean my kitchen sink every night. NOT ACCOMPLISHED. In my house, the rule is that whoever cooks doesn’t have to clean. Because I cook most of the dinners, that means Nick is mostly responsible for dishes. Because this goal depended on Nick, it made it hard for me to actually get the sink cleaned. Lesson learned, though, no more making personal goals that have to include other peoples participation.
- Write in my Some Lines journal every day. ACCOMPLISHED. I did this one, and I’m thrilled I did. It was nice to find old entries from the past few years in there too.
July Monthly Goals
- Go through the kid’s playroom and donate or throw away toys they no longer play with.
- Collect all the papers in our house, toss out unneeded ones and organize the rest.
- Finish painting the kitchen.
- Remove the rest of the wallpaper from the basement.
- Sand the wood paneling in the basement.
- Organize my closet.
- Reorganize and decor the bookshelves in the living room.
- Go on two dates with my husband.
- Watch one new movie and one foreign movie.
- Finish all my unfinished books.
July Weekly Goals
- Go on family walks once a week.
- Do one self-care day a week.
- Go over our budget once a week.
- Do a weekly weigh in to track my progress.
- Put up a blog post once a week.
- Do yoga twice a week.
- Reflect on my week every Sunday.
- Tidy up the house every weekend.
July Daily Goals
- Walk at least 2 miles on my treadmill every day.
- Work on school every day and finally finish!
- Make a to-do list in my planner every day.
- Drink 64 ounces of water every day.
- Write in my Some Lines journal every day.