Once again I am joining Deepak and Oprah for a free 21 day meditation experience. This new meditation series is Hope in Uncertain Times where Oprah and Deepak will teach me to find hope in the core of my being to help me discover my strength, clarity and purpose. Feel free to follow me on my journey or sign up so you can join me.
Hope In Uncertain Times – The Power of Hope Is Real
Hope supports you when you give it a direction. Write down three things you hope for in your life, i.e. more fulfilling relationships, a better time at work, or inner optimism. Having written these things down, take each one, close your eyes, and repeat each hope silently to yourself with your attention on your heart center. Feel the promise of how hope can warm and expand the heart.
2) Forming stronger friendships.
3) Finding my life’s purpose.
For each of the three things you hope for, write down one action you can take today that will help to bring it about. A small step is perfectly fine, and you should always start within your comfort zone. The point is to begin to act so that hope’s power can be awakened.
1) A stronger relationship with my husband and kids – My first action is to go back to therapy. I’ve thought about going back to therapy for a while now. There are certain things that I really want to get to the root of that I haven’t been able to by myself. I’d like to get a professionals insight.
2) Forming stronger friendships – Since moving I’ve had many very friendly neighbors try to include me in things. My antisocial side has come out and I have not reached out to them. I know I should because I know that I have a lot in common with them and we could be great friends. I need to suck it up, stop being a recluse and reach out to them.
3) Finding my life’s purpose – I’m going to call the local community college and see about going back to school. I had gone back to school during the spring semester in 2016 but am no longer able to attend that school since moving. There is another college that in close to where we live now and I’d like to get all the information I could before registering and possibly attending.
Taking those same three items you hope for, journal about how you believe you will feel when that hope is attained. Is it relief, elation, freedom, a sense of belonging, love, accomplishment?
I think when it comes to my relationship with my family that I will feel a sense of contentment. I’m not happy with the way my family is functioning right now and I want to make it better. I want us all to be happy and content with our life.
I feel like having close friends that I can reach out to would make me feel happy. It has been a long time since I have lived near any of my friends and to have someone close by would be amazing. To just have a friend that understands me and can relate would be great.
As for finding my life’s purpose, I would feel accomplished and have a sense of purpose. Being a full time mom is a thankless job and many people, including family members, have told me that I need to get a “real job”. I know that what I do is real, hard work but to me it isn’t fulfilling like it should be. I truly feel like I would be happier working and finishing my degree is important to me.