It’s that time again. I am doing another 21-day meditation challenge with Oprah and Deepak. Feel free to follow along on my journey as I Become What I Believe.
What You Identify With, You Become
1)Make a short list of beliefs you want to have a month from now. For example, you could wish to believe, “My life is working out the way I want it to,” “I am in control,” “Things are moving in the right direction,” “I feel fulfilled,” or “I am growing and evolving.”
1) I am making what I want happen
2) I am following through with the plans I’ve made
3) I am moving forward towards a more fulfilling life
2)For each belief, write down if it’s already rising in your life, and how.
I am making what I want happen
-This is not rising in my life right now but my life is changing a lot right now so with that change I am going to make what I want happen.
I am following through with the plans I’ve made
– This is already in the process of happening. I recently leased a new apartment that gives me more room and I am making plans for the future. I want to really start tucking money away for a house and to pay down the little debt I have.
I am moving forward towards a more fulfilling life
– I’m not actively working on this and that is upsetting to me. I want to more proactive in getting what I want out of life. For a long time I was very dependent on other people fulfilling me but I think it is time that I take a more aggressive part in fulfilling myself. If I want to feel fulfilled and happy, then I should look to myself to accomplish that.
3)List the action steps that would make each belief rise faster and become stronger. What changes can you make to reinforce the positive beliefs you want to hold?
Step 1) For all 3 of these beliefs I want to write in more detail about what I want to happen, plans I want to set in place, what makes me feel fulfilled.
Step 2) I want to pick 1 thing I want to happen in the next month and dedicate a certain amount of time, depending on what it is, to make it really happen.
Step 3) A plan of mine is to have a well-defined budget that I can actually live with and gives me some flexibility. With this budget I also really want to focus on saving! I managed to pay down the small amount of debt I was in and now I want to really start tucking money away.
Step 4) I want to do at least 1 thing a week that makes me feel fulfilled. Whether it be eating dinner out, go to the movies, read a book, knit etc. Life is a little crazy right now but giving myself an hour or 2 a week should not be hard or fill me with guilt.