What was the most memorable part of this past month?
This month the most memorable thing is that I did more. I checked a lot of things off my “Feel Better” list like going to the movies by myself and getting my ear pierced. I actually did a lot this month and I have been feeling a lot better because of it.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
- The biggest lesson I learned this month was to trust my feelings. I know what brings me happiness and what will pick me up after being down. I knew that my sadness was because I wasn’t doing things to make me happy so I changed that this month. So, I poked my head out of my shell and forced myself out of my comfort zone and I’m thankful I did.
- Another lesson I learned was self-care is a must. Over the years I haven’t taken care of myself the way I should but recently decided that I needed to. Since establishing a little self-care routine I’ve noticed that I feel a lot better and when I feel better I am more productive and motivated. It’s crazy how these things work.
- I like being a morning person more than a night owl. Don’t get me wrong, I am still a night owl. I just found that I got more done and felt better when I was up early as opposed to staying up late doing nothing but watching Netflix.
Are you happy with how you spent your time this month? What steps can you take this next month to adjust them?
I’m trying really hard to not be self-critical here because I do feel like I did a lot but there is this small voice in my head telling me that I didn’t do enough. I didn’t write enough or post enough videos or the house isn’t as clean as it should be. That voice is a dick and I’m trying to ignore it. I would have to say that yes, I am really happy with how I spent my time.
Next month I would like to go to bed earlier and wake up even earlier than I have been. I would also like to spend less time on my computer when I don’t need to be, i.e. watching YouTube videos and Netflix.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
I am a lot happier. There is still room for improvement but I am feeling a lot better and I feel really positive about the future. This is quite the change for me but I really like this change and I want to keep it going.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
Myself, I know that sounds so egotistical but I really don’t give myself enough credit. This month I went against my nature and did things that I’d never done before and I’m really proud of myself.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
- Follow through. I did a lot this month but not as much as I wanted because I just didn’t follow through with things. For example, I filmed 2 videos but didn’t even try to edit them until weeks later and only posted 1 of them. I knew I should do them but I just didn’t follow through so next month I want to work on that.
- Organization. My life is full of clutter in every way. Clutter around my house, clutter in my head, just clutter everywhere. I want to declutter everything. I think next month I’m going to have to start using that KonMari app to declutter and organize my house and maybe meditate more or spend less time on a screen and more time outside to organize my thoughts.
- Move more. I’m not yet 30 but I feel like my body is 60. I sit too much and don’t exercise enough. I want to get out and move more. Not necessarily exercising but just get out and take a walk with the kids like I used to do with my dad or instead of driving to the grocery store, walk there. I just feel like moving around would make my body feel better and my mood. Got to love endorphins.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
I’d say this month was an 8. I did a lot of what I said I’d do and I did a lot of things I have never done before and I’m feeling really good about everything.