It’s over! 1001 days ago I hit publish on my 101 in 1001 post. I can still remember sitting in our old condo in West Seattle making a list of 101 things I wanted to do in the next 2.75 years. I didn’t know where life would take me but I knew I wanted to add these things to my journey. Now that it’s over I want to let you know which things I did do, the things I got close to finishing and the things I never got done.
- Go to a cousin’s camping trip– Nick and I went in 2016 and 2017 but missed out on going in 2018 because we were moving at the time.
- Move back to Minnesota – We moved back to Minnesota in June of 2018 which officially crosses this one off the list.
- Find the boys a sport they enjoy – In November of 2018 I signed up the boys for swim lessons at our local YMCA. To my surprise, they both loved it and did really well. They want to continue this so I’m going to ride this as long as I can.
- Get a family dog – We had a string of unfortunate events in 2017 in regards to dogs but in 2018 found the perfect pup for us in Lucy our American bulldog, pit bull, boxer mix.
- Cut down our own Christmas tree – We cut down a Christmas tree in 2016 and 2017 but ultimately decided that fake trees are far more manageable than the real deal. No more real trees for this family, at least not for a while.
- Go to the pumpkin patch and carves pumpkins – When we lived in the Seattle area we did go to the pumpkin patch at Remlinger Farms in 2016 and 2017. In 2018 we accidentally went to a pumpkin patch while visiting an apple orchid in Minnesota which I’m going to count.
- Bake Christmas cookies with the kids – In 2017 Gray and Dessa were my little helpers when it came time to bake for the holidays. Then in 2018 Gray insisted on helping me but only because he wanted to eat everything!
- Take the kids on an Easter egg hunt – In 2017 and 2018 we were lucky enough to live in a community that put on an Easter egg hunt every year. All three of the kids loved it and had a blast opening up their eggs to see what was inside.
- Buy a house – I’m very excited to say that on June 15, 2018, Nick and I bought our first home. It was way more stressful than I thought it would be, but it has turned out to be the best decision we’ve made in a long time.
- Buy a new mattress – Nick and I had the same bed for ten years. By the end of those ten years, my back was over it. So with the purchase of our new home and a big move ahead we decided to ditch the old one and bought a Leesa mattress in June of 2018.
- Buy a pair of Uggs – In 2016 my in-laws gifted me a pair of Uggs at Christmas. I still have them and still, love them very much.
- Buy Lara Casey’s Power Sheets – In 2017 Nick bought me Lara’s Power Sheets and then in 2018 I repurchased them to use in 2019.
- Buy a Fitbit – Christmas of 2017 was a good year for me because my in-laws also gave me the Fitbit I was wanting. I am not a consistent wearer, but I do still find it very handy.
- Buy a Silhouette cutting machine – I also received this as a gift from my husband in 2016. I guess the word got around about my original blog post and people just started buying me everything in my purchase section.
- Answer the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind – I completed this in 2018 and you can read the post here. I’m glad I did it as I learned a few things about myself that I hadn’t realized, but I am happy I completed them.
- Go to Long Beach, Washington – We went to Long Beach in 2016 and 2017 to see the kite festival. Both trips were amazing, and I will dearly miss our yearly excursions to the coast.
Ending Bad Habits
- No fast food for an entire month – I don’t know what exact month it was, but since moving to Minnesota I know there have been many months where we haven’t even eaten out let alone eaten fast food. It has just slowly disappeared from our diet which has been nice.
- Make a layer cake – In June of 2017 I made Gray a Oreo devils food layer cake for his birthday. He was unimpressed but I think I did a seriously good job.
- See Shen Yun – On Valentine’s Day 2019 Nick took me to see Shen Yun and it was amazing. The dancers were amazing and the costumes were so bright and beautiful. I absolutely loved it and am so grateful I got the chance to experience it.
- Take a picture every day for 101 days – From March of 2017 to June of 2017 I took a photo every day and now that I’m thinking of this it makes me want to do it again.
- Come up with another 101 things to do in 1001 – Yes, I have another 101 things I want to do in 1001 days. Keep your eyes out for the post coming soon!
Close But Not Completed Goals
These are the goals that I just barely didn’t complete but still want to give recgination to.
- Take yearly photos of the kids – Every year my boys get their pictures taken in school and that is good enough for me. Unfortunately, it is on me to get my daughter Dessa’s picture taken every year and I only did that in 2017 when she turned one. Since then I have not gotten professional pictures taken of her.
- Start running – I joined an interval running group with my sister in August of 2018. I tried to get into it, but I found that the actual running wasn’t for me, however, I did learn that I enjoyed the workouts we did in between our burst of running.
Self Improvement (45-58)
- De-clutter and organize my entire home – This is still a work in progress. But while we were packing for our move to Minnesota Nick and I got rid of a ton of stuff. Now that we’re in our new home I’ve been unpacking very slowly to make sure that anything I bring into the house has a place and doesn’t clutter up the house.
- Become a morning person – I still don’t consider myself a morning person but I have gotten much better at getting up in the morning. To me, a morning person wakes up at five or six in the morning. I wake up around seven most days which is far better than in the past but still not early enough.
- Travel to or with my sister once a year – I didn’t travel with my sister in 2016 or 2017 but we did go down to Florida is February 2018 to visit my mom. We’ve also talked about going down again this year, but there haven’t been any definitive plans made.
Goals That Won’t Get Done
The only constant in life is change and for many reasons such as moving, time and me just changing over the years these are the goals that won’t be getting done. For some of these goals, it hurts to have to write them in this category, but I’m okay with not getting most of these goals done.
- Send out birthday and holiday cards regularly
- Build the kids a swingset
- Get family pictures taken
- Have an epic waterballon fight
- Take the kids to Great Wolf Lodge
- Enroll the boys in music lessons
- Lose 25 pounds
- Take a yoga class
- Take a Barre class
- Go to a guided meditation
- Do a 30-day workout challenge
- Do a color run
- Make the traditional Italian Christmas feast of seven fish
- Get the kids pictures taken with Santa and the Easter bunny
- Make ghost footprints
- Make thankful trees
- Make Santa handprints
- Throw a 4th of July party
- Throw a Halloween party
- Send out Christmas cards
- Buy a new vlogging camera
- Buy a pair of Tieks
- Buy a bike
Reading & Writing
- Read 50 books
- Write and self publish a fiction book
everydayfor a month Finsihreading the Harry Potter series
- Leave 101 Operation Beautiful notes
- Get my associates degree
- Be enrolled at a university to get my undergraduate degree
- Have an income of my own
- Use only one planner for a full calendar year
- Start an Etsy shop
- Make money from my Etsy shop within the first three months
- Grow an herb garden
- Take a photography class
- Spend one day a week with no screens for a
month Writeletters to myself to open in one year, five years and ten years
- Take a vacation outside the United States
- Camp in the Olympic national forest
- Go to a hot spring
- Travel down Highway 101
- Stay on Whidbey Island
- Take a train from Seattle to Portland
- See the Redwoods
- Go to the San Juan Islands to see the Afterglow
- Do VEDA at least once
- Do Vlogmas
- Have at least 101 subscribers on YouTube
- Collaborate with someone on YouTube
- Get a check from YouTube
- Have 101 unique visits on my blog in one day
everydayfor a month
Ending Bad Habits
- No hitting snooze for an entire month
- Stop biting my nails
- Go to a dinner show
- Make a cheesecake
- Do the 12 days of Christmas cookies challenge
- Eat at the Blind Cafe
- Go vegetarian for a month
- Take a cooking class
- Learn Russian
- Learn Italian
- Learn to play the piano
- Learn to paint with watercolors
- See The Nutcracker ballet
- Go to a local art gallery
- See a play
- Watch the sunrise once every season
- DIY my desk
- Knit a weather scarf
- Knit a baby blanket
- Knit Odin’s Pac-Man blanket